The snapshots from Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) are the tools which enable the Oracle Cloud to capture a snapshot of our status in a defined point in time. In a matter of minutes, they conveniently allow us to carry out tasks such as:
- Back-ups and environment support
- Migrate content between environments
- Replacing snapshots in a new service
It is possible to maintain up to 40 snapshots online, download them as many times as we like to our local file system, as well as upload them again when required.
The downloaded snapshots (BAR files) do not include the data stored in external sources.
To take a snapshot follow these steps:
- Go to “Console” > “Service Administration” > “Manage Snapshots”
- Click on the “Create Snapshot” button
- Add a description which helps you to identify the content and select the items you would like to include in the snapshot
- Click on “Create” to finalise
If you plan on migrating an environment, you will need to download the snapshot (providing a password for the encryption), upload it in the destination environment and restore it.
You will also need to take into account these pre-requisites:
- Check that the origin and destination environments are using Oracle Analytics Cloud 5.1.x or a later version. Snapshots taken from earlier versions will not capture the whole setting.
- If you would also like to migrate the data files uploaded by users (such as spreadsheets), verify that the origin and destination environments are both operational and configured with valid credentials for the “File Storage Service”.